Built among the rocks and trees of a spectacular escarpment, using indigenous building materials, Pamushana blends beautifully with the surrounding environment. It is within the Malilangwe Private Wildlife Reserve, one of the finest private game reserves in Africa. Here you may find both black and white rhino, painted hunting dog, elephant, buffalo, lion, leopard, cheetah, giraffe and a remarkable collection of antelope, amongst others. With over four hundred recorded species of birds and one of the highest concentrations of raptors in the world, Malilangwe is also a haven for bird enthusiasts. In the interests of maintaining the pristine environment, the number of guests within the reserve is strictly limited. One of only two lodges here, Pamushana is thus extremely exclusive.
As you enter the main building, past mosaic tiled pillars, you face a reflecting pool of shimmering water with a backdrop of the sky and mountains beyond. There is a swimming pool, a game viewing deck, lawns and terraces for relaxing and soaking up the sun. There is also a fully equipped gym, sauna and gift boutique. The circular dining room is unique. The entire interior has been hand-painted with a detailed mural depicting the magic of the African bush. There is also an al fresco dining deck overlooking the Malilangwe lake. Pamushana prides itself on excellent cuisine and attentive, but unobtrusive, service.
Each villa is an extravagantly luxurious living space, built with intricate hand-hewn stone work, reminiscent of Great Zimbabwe. Exotic works of art and richly textured fabrics blend with hand-carved tables, big comfortable chairs, shelves of books and bowls of fruit creating a tranquil ambience. Walls of sliding glass open onto a teak leisure deck where you can lie in your own swimming pool and enjoy the dazzling views.
Activities are many and various. As well as individually tailored game walks and drives with highly-trained guides you may also canoe, fish, or take an excursion to see the magical San (bushmen) paintings. Day trips to three nearby golf courses can also be arranged. The spectacular setting, unique design and exquisite furnishings are complimented by Pamushana's indulgent care for its guests.
· Day and night (spotlight) game drives
· Walking safaris with fully licensed professional guides
· Visits to bushman paintings on Reserve
· Canadian canoeing, lake cruises and fishing on Malilangwe lake
· Meals, bar drinks, quality South African wine, all activities and guest transfers inclusive
· Golf available
· Telephone, fax and e.mail facilities
· Four double villas and two family villas, one with two bedrooms and the other with three
Each villa has:-
· Its own swimming pool
· King-size bedroom, dressing room, bathroom, sitting room, extra loo, entrance hall, verandah, Swarovski telescope, outdoor shower Bathrooms have both shower and bath
· Remote controlled air conditioning
· Ceiling fans
· Mini bar