Private parties on the champagne terrace. Perched above a sweeping bend in the Talek River, at the confluence of the Masai Mara's four game-viewing areas, the Mara Intrepids enjoys one of the most spectacular locations in the Masai Mara ecosystem. Its 30 luxury tents spread along the river, where hippo and other animals can be seen regularly, and ensure privacy and peace. Each tent is furnished in the classic style of the grand African safaris, with large four-poster beds and handsome reproduction furniture offset by modern en suite bathrooms with hot showers, flush toilets and all modern amenities.
The camp is only a short drive from the Mara River, where more than a million wildebeest and zebra make their perilous migration crossing every July and August. The deluxe camp also offers excellent game viewing, with large local populations of the 'big five', lion, elephant, buffalo, rhino and leopard. Lesser predators, such as Cheetah, hyena, Cerval, bat-eared fox also thrive here together with the prolific wildebeest, Zebra, Hartebeest, Giraffe and Eland.
· Luxurious modern tents with secluded verandahs and private bathrooms
· Small riverfront dining areas with private catering.
· Freeform swimming pool with sunbathing terrace.
· Conference room with business and video facilities.
· Elevated game-viewing platform with bar service.
· Reliable 240-volt generator electricity supply.
· Safety deposit boxes for guests' valuables.
· Bottled water and insect repellent in tents.
· Board games and guests' reference library.
· Boutique with souvenirs and safari essentials.
· Catering for private dinners and BBQs.
· Room service for snacks and beverages.
· Custom-built luxury four-wheel-drive safari vehicles.
· Telephone, e-mail, fax and postal services.
· Foreign currency exchange at reception.
· Single-day laundry and valet services.
· Early morning calls with tea or coffee.
· Welcome cocktails on check-in.
· Resident doctor available 24 hours.
· Three games drive daily with experienced guides.
· Escorted walking safaris outside the reserve.
· ''Night Sight'' safaris with infrared binoculars (additional charge).
· Bush breakfasts and dinners under the stars.
· Visits to neighbouring Maasai communities
· Romantic sundowners overlooking the plains.
· Three game drives daily with experienced guides.
· Fishing trips to Lake Victoria.
· Lectures and slide shows on culture and wildlife.