The River Club is situated on the Zambian side of the Zambezi River, eighteen kilometres upstream from Victoria Falls. It is set amongst lush riverine vegetation facing the Zambezi National Park on the other side of the river. The camp has a decidedly Victorian flavour, a feeling of belonging to a less stressful era, and guests here enjoy the sights and sounds of Victoria Falls and the Zambezi River in peace and tranquillity away from the crowds.
Ten luxury thatched chalets accommodate a maximum of twenty guests. The split-level rooms have stunning views over the great Zambezi. There is a main dining room, lounge and pub area. The interesting library is very popular for those who wish to sit and relax, soothed by the sound of the waters.
Arguably the greatest waterfall in the world, daily trips to Falls are a highlight. Pontoon trips to the Zambezi River's small islands provide an interesting and leisurely pastime and fishing and sundowner trips are also good ways of exploring the river. White water rafting, bunji jumping and helicopter flights over the Falls are also available, but not inclusive, for those who want really exciting stories to tell on their return!
In the evenings you may well hear the calls of the lion in the National Park on the far bank of the river. Birdlife is prolific and hippo are regularly sighted (and heard). Giraffe, white rhino, crocodile and elephant can be found in the area.
· Swimming pool overlooking Zambezi River
· Dining room, pub lounge and library under tin roof
· Boat trips, fishing, walks
· Daily trips to Victoria Falls
· Meals, activities and local drinks inclusive
· White water rafting, bunji jumping and helicopter flights over Falls available
· 10 thatched chalets with 2 honeymoon suites - all with fan, view of Zambezi and private bathrooms including both bath and shower