Hunter's Country House is an exclusive retreat in the heart of the stunningly beautiful Garden Route of the Western Cape. Classic country house style combines with the rich hardwoods and reeded roofs of colonial Africa.
The original thatched homestead houses lounges with downy-soft armchairs, candle-lit dining rooms and a sun-drenched conservatory. Exuberant floral fabrics frame the delightful casement windows and bring the glorious gardens into the house. From the terrace, woods stretch into the distance, crowned by the misty blue peaks of the Tsitsikamma Mountains.
Thatched cottages nestle amongst tumbling roses and luscious indigenous planting. Travellers are made supremely comfortable in these twenty-three luxurious suites. Privacy and comfort are paramount and the suites are all gloriously and individually decorated, often in the botanical prints that so enhance the country ambience. Antique furniture glows softly, views are lovely, and the private patio beckons you outside to sit idly in the sun and smell the flowers.
All rooms have fireplaces in which fires are lit in the cooler months. The Classic suites have a more modern feel and the luxury of a private pool. The Forest Suite provides that ultimate experience with separate dining room, lounge, butler's kitchen and private swimming pool.
Superb cuisine is prepared by a team of chefs who pay equal attention to the small touches that make a visit so special. The delicious, rich and buttery shortbread that arrives with your morning coffee in the conservatory has been prepared with the same loving care that they have taken with your elegant dinner.
Whether you spend your time relaxing in the main lounge, plundering the well-stocked library, or sunning yourself by the sparkling pool, you will find that Hunter's Country House provides personalised, warm and unobtrusive service combined with meticulous attention to detail.
· Four swimming pools (one each for Classic and Forest Suites)
· Forest trails, bird watching, garden walks on the estate
· Aromatherapy and reflexology available in the privacy of your own cottage
· Numerous activities can be arranged by staff - golf, tennis, squash, bowls, horse riding, deep sea fishing, sailing, mountain biking, canoeing, whale and dolphin watching and many more
· Five golf courses within easy reach
· Daily personalised itineraries prepared on request by knowledgeable staff
· Jill's Country Cottage Antique Shop on the estate
· Private chapel available for weddings (max 45 guests)
· Private fax facilities, internet and e-mail available
· 23 suites
All rooms have:-
· Private bathroom
· Satellite television
· International direct dial telephone